2023 ANNUAL MEETING
Meeting Dates: September 29 - October 1, 2023
Venue: Sheraton Grand Chicago Riverwalk
Location: Downtown Chicago, IL
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS ARE NOW OPEN!
Deadline for submission is June 2, 2023 by 11:59 PM Pacific
2023 AVAHO Abstract Submission Instructions
Please review the following instructions carefully as you prepare your abstract. Changes have been made.
Abstracts are not to not exceed 350 words, excluding title. Titles should not exceed 300 characters. Authors’ names and institutions are not be included in the title or abstract but are to be submitted elsewhere in the submission.
All abstracts must be submitted by 11:59 PM, PST Friday June 2, 2023. This is a firm deadline. NO extensions!
Authors must identify which category is appropriate for their abstract. The following categories of abstracts are permitted for submission:
- Research (e.g., clinical trials, laboratory studies, translational studies, descriptive studies, qualitative studies)
- Quality Improvement Projects and Initiatives
- Program Initiatives (e.g., workforce, infrastructure, workflow)
- Clinical Practice (e.g., best clinical practice exemplar, case study, disease management, palliative care (non-research), survivorship (non-research), symptom management (non-research)
Be sure to select the correct category for your abstract as it will be reviewed based on criteria for that category!
Projects must be completed – incomplete projects will NOT be accepted.
Illustrations, tables or bullet points are not permitted in the abstract.
The following criteria will be used to score the abstracts. Ensure you address each criterion in your abstract!
Research, Quality/Program Initiative Abstracts must address each of the following areas:
- Purpose of the project
- Relevant background – why is this a problem? What does the literature tell us?
- Methods - what did you do to conduct the study/project?
- Data analysis – what statistical tests were used?
- Results – what did the data reveal?
- Implications – how might these data be used to change practice or guide further research?
Clinical Practice Abstracts must address each of the following areas:
- Clinical situation is relevant to the audience
- Thorough description of the clinical presentation or situation
- Synthesis of relevant literature
- Description of intervention(s) provided
- Outcome of the intervention/situation
- Implications for practice (clinical/administrative) – do the conclusions stem from the results
Remember: Each abstract will be graded based on the extent each of the above criteria were met. Any omission will result in a lower score.
- At least one author must be an AVAHO member in good standing.
- Abstracts must be free from commercial bias; promotional abstracts will not be accepted. Data from for-profit or industry sources are not permitted.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented as E-posters. To facilitate viewing, E-posters will be submitted as a single PowerPoint slides. Do not submit as a pdf file. The slide should address key components of the abstract (e.g., methods, outcome).
- There will be two separate live poster sessions at the meeting this year to optimize the ability of the attendees to discuss the poster with the author.
- Posters are grouped by common themes or designs. Therefore, presenters must be able to present their poster in person at the assigned time.
- All authors of accepted abstracts will be required to complete a disclosure form as delineated on the abstract submission form.
- All abstracts are scored by a blind-review process, using the criteria delineated above.
Please contact Sue Lentz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-794-7022 with any questions.
REMEMBER: All abstracts must be submitted by 11:59 PM, PST Friday June 2, 2023. This is a firm deadline. NO extensions!
AVAHO is providing examples of abstracts that were submitted in 2022 that received a high score. Each category was provided to help you when preparing your submission.
REGISTRATION AND TRAVEL WILL OPEN IN MAY
- Only current AVAHO members can attend (500 limit)
- You must have your 2023 dues paid prior to registration
- Your registration will be reviewed and once approved, you will receive further instructions on travel
- Only those with badges will be allowed to participate in AVAHO activities
- A Virtual Attendee option will be made available for those not able to join in person
Travel is available for AVAHO non-industry members. Due to legal requirements, travel information is located in a protected area of this website. Please sign in as a member and select "resources" in the InfoHub to locate this information. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
We will be offering the following continuing education (CE) credits:
- ACCME for Physicians
- ACPE for Pharmacists
- ANCC for Nurses
- ASWB for Social Workers
- NAACCR for Cancer Registrars
- APA for Psychologists
- CDR for Dietitians/Nutrition
- All others will receive a Certificate of Attendance
If you miss the annual meeting, we will offer CE credits for 1 full year afterwards.
Have questions? Contact Us!
Sue Lentz, Administrator
Julie Lawson, Executive Director